Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Las Vegas shows

  1. #1
    Inactive Member vulcnshmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Saw all 3 shows in Vegas. Good overall but pretty weak that the band played "ring of fire" twice on saturday and sunday but could not find it in themselves to play "winners and losers" even once. It is very frustrating to go see 3 shows and not see a song they have been playing in all the other cities at all. The last tours setlist was getting pretty old so i am glad they have finally mixed it up a bit but to shut out the vegas fans from one of the best songs on the new album is very very lame. Another thing is people who talk while the band is playing. To hear two fans arguing about who has seen SD more during "This time darling" is ridiculous. I have been going to SD shows since 1981 and dont feel the need to advertise it. Please talk between songs or in the lobby not when the band is playing. Thank you everyone who list the setlist for the tour-it is very helpful in keeping track of what is played. I guess i have to go the LA or SF (i live in hawaii) to see the songs i want to see. I cant believe that band is happy playing the same song 2 times in the set rather than playing a great tune that everyone wants to see like "winners and losers" Oh well. Ness did say he felt a little under the weather on sunday so maybe that was it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member erikaevexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2005
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did your mommy not hold you enough when you were a baby? Maybe you should have called Mike yourself and put in your request for the specific set list you wanted, since apparently, it's all about you. Forget about the other 1,200 people there, AND the band. Damn, can't some of you people just be happy with seeing the band, and not complain because they didn't play your favorite song?!? So what if they played Ring of Fire twice, some people actually REALLY like that song and were stoked beyond belief to be able to hear it acoustic AND electric.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 10, 2007 08:05 PM: Message edited by: geekgirlxx ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member big-ballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2004
    Posts
    272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW! calm down!!! Some of you people on this board really take is fan bullshit to the next level! Who cares if someone didn't like to show, I personally didn't like to last one I went to on 11/27 Mike was acting like an asshole! I sware some of you are fuckin weirdos when it comes to this band. Mike doens't know any of us and most likely never will and if he doe's then cool out and don't act like a stocker!

    I've been seeing social D for a long time over 15 years and I am a fan but I never get made when peaple talk shit about the band... Cool the fuck out!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha, doesn't the guy in her avatar look familiar? Geekgirl is closer to band then most most on here, but you don't have to be to know that complaining because one song wasn't played is lame.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member big-ballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2004
    Posts
    272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That?s true, I just hate it when anybody has anything to the say that?s somewhat criticizing the band someone gets all weird and shit...

    Also I have a few pics with Me and Mike in it, that doesn't mean I'm gonna make it my avatar...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member raptorschild's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IT is kind of lame playing a COVER twice. An original twice is kinda lame, but a cover that they play every tour is kinda silly. you gotta admit.

    If you've seen SD live you've heard Ring of fire before.... They have too many great originals that they have written! IMHO, just too good a band to be playing others music more than once..Even once is questionable.

    I'm not bitching, and am happy just to see the guys play every once in a while, but the guy posting makes a valid point...He comes off as a little ENTITLED, but would it really hurt the guys to keep it to the acoustic version, and end with a different song that maybe no one has heard in a while?

    SD plays in certain cities back to back, and sometimes thrice. You'd think they would get bored playin the same stuff over, and over, and over. Let alond twice. That means if they play 25 cities...they play R.O.F 50 TIMES!!! ARGGGG!!!Man that must get annoying.

    SD has so many great songs....they could play an entire tour without one show being the same, yet they insist on repetition. Hell, even Mikes lines are correographed. Kinda lame...JUST TELL US A STORY MIKE! From the heart brother!

    I do think its pretty sweet that they are opening up with a few acoustic songs. I've always wondered why they don't ALWAYS mix in a couple acoustic versions at least.

    Its their band and they should be able to do what they want, but SD has quite a cult following....You'd think they would realize the majority of fans who frequent the concerts have seen Ring of fire 20 times now.

    Plus theyre sets arent very long so it really is ridiculous for 10 percent of your set to be RING of Fire. I saw em play in about 1 hr. 10 minutes in seattle.. Everyone was like...uh...come back....finish your set!!!

    Its there show, not mine, but they could probably reward there most loyal fans better by not playing a COVER twice. Especially a cover that everyone and their mom has heard live.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner KingOfFools's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    696
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heh - such a "stocker" that she probably knows what he wears to bed at night...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member big-ballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2004
    Posts
    272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All bullshit aside, "winners and losers" was the best song on the setlist.

    I think the intro from the album is played with acoustic (I'm most likely wrong), but he played it with his Les Paul on "clean channel", sounded pretty good, a high point of the night...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Love_Pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2006
    Posts
    427
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The band ended up postponing the subsequent dates after Vegas, so he was in fact under the weather Sunday night.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Man, I don't care what songs they play or don't play. I will pay to see Social Distortion as long as they continue to play good music. They have so many songs that they can't possibly play everything. And every person has their own personal favorites. Im not going to get my panties all wet over them not playing a particular song on the night I saw them. hell, I found out that they played Drug Train in LA, but not In Orange county the night I saw them. No problem, but I heard them play Drug Train 12 years ago when they toured with neil young.

    As for Erika's post in response to the dude from hawaii, well considering she is Brent Harding's wife, I would take it a little personal too when I see how hard my husband is working to put on a good show every evening and to hear some baby's continue to cry about something that the band did or didnt do and they take it so damn personal. Being in a band is tough and you can't make everyone happy, but you sure can try and thats all that matters. I think Social D is the best they have ever sounded and that is because of integrity, hard work, and staying motivated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •